Sharing Jesus Christ with more people to transform their work and life and to expand the partnership in which more leaders will be trained.
We all value friendship, and the roles friends play in sharing our struggles, and providing wisdom and encouragement in the ups and downs of life.
Tokyo Marunouchi Partnership aims to encourage and grow long-lasting friendships rooted in the truths of the Lord Jesus Christ between city-workers, as well as helping city-workers become connected with good churches.
We started in 2019, with the hope of forming a community which lives out the sometimes quiet and sometimes dynamic implications of the gospel in their lives in the centre of Tokyo through studying the Bible together.
Without God at work, everything is meaningless. But, as we see his gospel transform us and those around us, we are amazed at his grace and power, and we praise him. This gives us confidence to “expect great things of God; attempt great things for God” [William Carey].
We cling to the “joy of walking with the Lord” and trust that His power, His gospel, His Spirit, His love, and His glory will move even little people like us to be used by Him for His great works. We look forward to working together for God’s glory and to build a true gospel partnership in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Tokyo Marunouchi Partnership
Senior Partner: Thierry Richards
Statement of Faith
Our partnership is based on the following statements of the Christian faith, as revealed in the Bible
- “GOD” ：
There is one God in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- “GOD’S WORKS”：
God is sovereign in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
- “THE BIBLE”：
The Bible, as originally given, the 66 books of the old and new testament, is the inspired and infallible Word of God. The Bible and Jesus himself is the supreme authority in all matters of faith and practice.
God created humanity in his image. The first human, Adam, had a right relationship with God, but tempted by Satan, he sinned against God and fell out of right relationship with God.
- “SALVATION and JUDGEMENT by JESUS”：
The Lord Jesus Christ, God’s incarnate Son, is fully God; he was born of a virgin; he is fully human and yet without sin; he died on the cross, was raised bodily from death and is now reigning over heaven and earth.
- Sinful human beings are redeemed from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death once and for all time of their representative and substitute, the Lord Jesus Christ, the only mediator between God and humanity.
- Those who believe in Christ are pardoned of all their sins and accepted in God’s sight only because of the righteousness of Christ credited to them; this justification is God’s act of undeserved mercy, received solely by faith in him and not by their own efforts.
- The Lord Jesus Christ will one day return in bodily form. The dead will be resurrected, and all will face the judgement of God. Jesus Christ will execute God’s just condemnation on those who have not repented and will receive the redeemed to eternal glory.
- “The HOLY SPIRIT”：
The Holy Spirit alone makes the work of Christ effective to individual sinners, enabling them to turn to God from their sin and to trust in Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit lives in all those he has regenerated. He makes them increasingly Christ-like in character and behaviour and gives them power for their witness in the world.
- “The CHURCH”：
The one, holy, catholic and universal Church is the Body of Christ, to which all true believers belong.
- Each particular church community is an assembly of those who have been born again of the Holy Spirit through the preaching of the Word. The church is a community that obeys the will of God, worships God, studies the Bible, observes the sacraments of baptism and Holy Communion, preaches the gospel, serves one another as the Lord’s servants, fights together for the faith of the gospel, engages in works of love, and looks forward to the Lord’s return.
Networks in our partnership
A Gospel Movement, planting gospel-centered churches in major cities around the world.
An Evangelical seminary following the Reformed Theological tradition.
An international Christian network aiming to support the progress of the gospel among Japanese people.
A missionary organization sending 700 Christian workers to 102 countries all over the world, including Japan, who are committed to the establishment, growth, and maturity of the church.
A club based on the principle of being a “Very Important Person in God’s eyes,” from Isaiah 43:4 in the Old Testament.